JUNE BUSINESS MEETING – JUNE 5, 2018

Business Meeting June 5, 2018

Seneschal Lady Katherine opened the meeting, THL Genevieve took attendance with 16 members present with no visitors.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (Lady Katherine Coscombe) : Review of report schedule.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Outgoing $3.00 for bank fee.  Spring Training report filed late.  End of month total $1936.06.

Herald (Alaric the Dolt) Award of Armed presented to William of Kent.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): Nothing to report

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Collected populace projects for report.

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Review of new business and attendance

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Report not turned in (due June 1.) Resubmitting Spring Training report.  Lettice continuing to pursue marshal training.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Rickard ran range at NOWM.  Frøkn won champion at NOWM.  Frøkn is not listed in database for TW marshals.

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): Absent.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Absent

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator  (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Palladin Brewery on June 16 from 2 to 5 pm.

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):Transitioning from Rickard to Deitrich.  Authorized with second weapon; spoke with regional marshal and waiting for more information.  Quarterly report submitted.

Meeting News:

Weekly Activities Schedule:  

June 19; Leather, water-forming small waxed cup.

August:

Aug 7 – no meeting – Pennsic

Aug 14 – Business Meeting/ Pot Luck

Aug 21 – Pennsic Show and Tell – Archery

Aug 28 – Jewelry project TBA / thrown weapons

Upcoming Events:

Spring Training Report

Unfinished Business:

Storage unit emptied

Need those who are storing items to do an inventory so we can decide what to get rid of and what can be sold.

New Business:  

Saxton Summer (July 6-8)

Event steward is no longer available; with no other member willing to run it, we are going to cancel.

Motion to cancel –  Bea; Second Frøkn

Katherine will remove from the calendar

Lydia (Exchequer) is looking for a deputy/replacement.

Meeting Adjourned 

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

 

MAY BUSINESS MEETING – May 01, 2018

Business Meeting May 01, 2018

Seneschal Lady Katherine opened the meeting, THL Genevieve took attendance with 14 members present with no visitors.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (Lady Katherine Coscombe) : Review of report schedule.  Reported that we are loosing the use of the storage room at the church.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Outgoing $3.00 for bank fee.  No Spring Training receipts submitted as yet.  End of month total $1953.69

Herald (Alaric the Dolt) Frøkn received the Dragons Barb at NOWM last summer and was awarded to him at Spring Training.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): Report filed

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Absent.

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Review of new business and attendance

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Ran range at Spring Training.  Practices continuing at On Target, Salem OH.  Next practices May 05 and May 26.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Ran range at Spring Training.  New stands complete.  Work still needed on old stands, for a total of 4.  Rasps and files added to tools.  Cart needs new handle.

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): Absent.  Deputy updated website.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Absent

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator  (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Absent

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Weekly Activities Schedule:  No Meeting May 29, Lawn Party June 2 @ 5 pm at the Brown’s house.

Did not schedule July activities.

Spring Training Report – Feast and donations totaled $534.00  Feast receipts totaled 361.78 for a profit of $172.22

Saxton Summer – July 6-8 @ Leetonia Coke Ovens Park. Camping oriented, archery, thrown weapons, classes.  No ground fires, raised fire bowls only.  Camp fire cooking competition.  Pavilion rented for Saturday with electricity.

Fall Bransle – Oct 13 or Nov 3.  Decided on Nov. 3.  Planned for Christ Episcopal Church but hall is already booked.  Alternative sites being considered including Austintown Park and Boardman Park.  Event Steward: Frokn.

New Business:  

The church has asked us to vacate the storage room.

We have two weeks to empty and relocate gear.  All personal goods must go back to owner.

Planning to evaluate goods and sell off anything we no linger use (or too large to transport/store)  White plastic table: Wood carts: Feast dishes/cooking utensils: Library (First offered to shire members)

Archery gear – Frokn

Thrown Weapons – Frokn/Bea

Iron Key – Rickard

According to Midrealm law only officers are permitted to store community property.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

 

APRIL BUSINESS MEETING – April 3, 2018

Business Meeting April 3, 2018

Seneschal Lady Katherine absent meeting opened and ran by Deputy THL Genovieve.

Attendance was taken by THL Genevieve, 12 members present and No visitors.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (Lady Katherine Coscombe) : Absent

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Went to Huntington bank for information reguarding signature card.  Adding Katherine and Lydia. $3.00 fee is for printed bank statement (required by SCA inc.) Need to order checks – accepted by populace.  Outgoing $53.35 for storage room shelving (voted on at previous meeting).  Month end total $1956.69.  Shire financial policy read to populace.  Inventory list is required.

Herald (Alaric the Dolt) Alaric filed his first report.  Hooba!

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): Nothing to report.

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Absent.

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Report filed.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Absent  First practice held at new indoor site (5 archers present) Next scheduled practice April 14, 4-6 pm.  $8.00 per person.  Adding address to website and date to calendar.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Absent

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): Absent.  Deputy updating website for Spring Training and awards page.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Having trouble coordinating with 2nd and still need 3rd person.  Wanting to hold one children’s activity per month ages toddler to 10 yrs.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Talked to mayor of Leetonia regarding new demo location to be used as event site. Considering July 6-8 for Saxon Summer.  $20 – $50 per day includes use of pavilion.  Cook fires / raised pits allowed.  On e the city agenda for next meeting.  Potential demo at boy scout camp?  Paladin Brewery on Mohoning Ave in Austintown, evening demo in courtyard.  Demo at Leetonia Coke Ovens Park scheduled for Sept. 8-9 Saturday hrs 1-10 pm , Sunday 12p – 6p.

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Spring Training – Rivenvale sponsored event at Christ Episcopal Church.  Free admission, THL Rickard Event Steward, Feast Stewardess Lady Áine.

Feast set at $12 per person: 32 seats plus 5 staff.  Approved feast budget for $384.  Potluck breakfast/lunch/snacks – supervised by Rose.  TW Archery Dance Classes scheduled.  Set up Friday night at 6 pm (tables and chairs) Clean up Saturday night, out by 10.

Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

New Business:  

Rickard brought us SCA Banners/pennons to purchase from an SCA member-merchant.  Approx. 11 banners would be $160.00 2.5 ft. by 4 ft.  grommeted ripstop nylon.  Expenditure approved by populace.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

 

MARCH BUSINESS MEETING -March 6, 2018

Business Meeting March 6, 2018

Lady Katherine opened the meeting.

Attendance was taken by THL Genevieve, 11 members present and 1 visitor.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (Lady Katherine Coscombe) : Quarterly report submitted.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Audit next Tuesday scheduled at church.  Domesday report available.  Review financial policy. Review Books, Discuss yearly budget.  $2013.02 as Feb/March statement.

Herald (Alaric the Dolt) 4 members prepped forms for submission Joyce has chosen the name Elana.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): New member/transplant from Arizona Shane McKnight. (Dietrich Nibelung)

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Nothing to report.

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Nothing to report.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Looking at site for indoor practice in Columbiana between Salem and Canfield.  Could potentially be used as event site.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Repaired old stands finished making new.

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): Absent.  Deputy reported updating names for active members.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): In need of 1 more person. Backround check required every 2 years; 1 year has elapsed.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Absent

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Monthly Activity Schedule set for June

     June 5 – Archery practice – sewing fish, game board make and take

     June 12 – Business meeting and potluck

     June 19 – Thrown Weapons – leather TBA

     June 26 – Archery practice – personal garb sewing

 

Spring Training – Rivenvale sponsored event at Christ Episcopal Church.  Free admission, THL Rickard Event Steward, Feast Stewardess Lady Áine. Still need a lunch tavern steward.  Looking for teachers/classes.

Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

New Business:  

Fall Coronation bids?  No

Thrown Weapons range at NOWM is being run by Rickard.  He needs permission to use the shire’s equipment.  Populace voted and gave him permission.

Richard started a Facebook page for the North Oaken region and invited members to join.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

 

FEBRUARY BUSINESS MEETING – February 6, 2018

February 6, 2018

Lady Katherine opened the meeting.

Attendance was taken by Lady Genevieve. 13 members were present, no visitors.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (Lady Katherine Coscombe) : Nothing new to report.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Domesday Report filed. Total in account $1886.04

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe): Still looking for a replacement as Lady Katherine cannot hold both offices.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): Nothing to report.

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Nothing to report.

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Processing paperwork for change of officer.  Notes from January posted on website.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Nothing to report.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Nothing to report.

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): Discussed forms giving permission for photos to be published online.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Absent

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Nothing to report.

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Due to Shrove Tuesday (Feb 13) and church activities in the Great Hall, changes have been made to our Schedule.  We will be meeting in the library and have switched storage clean-up with Silent heraldry.

Monthly Activity Schedule set for May:

     May 01 – Business meeting + Pot luck

     May 08 – Thrown Weapons / Handsewing + Embroidery (Most commonly used stitches )

     May 15 – Archery / Meade Make and Take

     May 22 – Thrown Weapons / Persona Development

     May 29 – No meeting – We will be having a Revel June 2 instead (Lawn party and campfire, location to be decided later) Garb suggested.

Events:

Spring Training – Rivenvale sponsored event at Christ Episcopal Church.  Free admission, THL Rickard Event Steward, Feast Stewardess Lady Áine.  Lunch tavern discussed is someone willing to be in charge of it.  More details later.  

Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

New Business:  

Kyle (Alaric the Dolt) will be taking over the office of Herald.  Paperwork in process now.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

JANUARY BUSINESS MEETING – JANUARY 2018

January 9, 2018

Lady Katherine opened the meeting as the new Seneschal.

Attendance was taken by Lady Genevieve. 12 members were present, no visitors.

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal : Genevieve has stepped down with Lady Katherine taking over the position.

 

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne): Total in the account at the end of December is $1802.04 Deposited $87.00 collected during Fall Bransle.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe): We are looking for a new herald to replace Lady Katherine.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman): Nothing to report

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain): Absent

Chronicler (THL Genevieve):  Currently in transition.  Genevieve is taking over the position.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Absent

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig): Absent

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley): In transition, Lord Brien is taking over the position.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen): Looking for a third adult with background check to help.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler): No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): The festival hosted by Christ Episcopal Church will not be taking place this year.  We are planning to participate in a new event held in Leetonia at the Beehive Coke Ovens Park held September 8th and 9th.  It will be a medieval themed arts and craft festival.  Thee should be space for us to set up a campsite and thrown weapons range.  Nuria is also looking at a sports club in Leetonia on 200 acres for possible event site/rental.

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als): Closenst practices are hosted by Gwyntarian in Tallmadge.

Meeting News:

Monthly Activity Schedule set for April

April 3 – Business Meeting + Pot Luck. Lady Katherine will be absent Deputy                           Seneschal will be running meeting.

April 10 – Archery (Weather permitting) + Rigid Heddle Weaving

April 17 – Thrown Weapons (Weather permitting) + Celtic Knots

April 24 – Archery (Weather permitting) + Spring training prep

Events:

 Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

 

Winter Wassail –  On January 13 hosted by Rivenvale.  Originally set as a pre-registration required but we were unable to get the online payment set up so we decided to make it free as it had been in the past.  Donation box will be set near registration troll.  Regency court scheduled with Baron/Baroness of Cleftlands. Doors open at 5 pm for set up.  Appetizers upstairs, Court planned for 6:30, eating at 7:30 out of building by 10 pm.

New Business:  Lord Rickard proposed that we update the decision-making policy to reflect our current methods.  The new policy would state that in order to vote, you must have attended one business meeting in the past six months.  All voted in favor.

Lady Genevieve proposed that we limit members from holding more than two offices that require reports.  All voted in favor.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact the Senescal Lady Katherine or Chronicler Lady Genevieve.

DECEMBER BUSINESS MEETING 2017

December 5, 2017

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (The Honorable Lady Genevieve de Saint-Malo):

THL Genevieve opened the meeting and took attendance.

It was again announced that as of January of 2018 that Lady Katherine Coscombe would be taking over as Seneschal.

Thank you Lady Genevieve for your work and dedication to the position.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne):

The Exchequer reported that the treasury holds $1805.04.

The quarterly report has been filed and a total of $575.01 was made at Fall Bransle.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe):

No news on any submissions, hoping after the beginning of 2018.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman):

Nothing to report.

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain):

The kingdom had bee looking for a location for the Spring Arts and Sciences competition and have settled on Falcons Quarie.

Chronicler  Still searching for a new Official Chronicler.  Lady Genevieve has agreed to take business meeting minutes and suggested issuing a monthly news letter of the business meeting info and activities of the month to any that would like to receive it.  And forgoing the quarterly news letter at this time.

Registration information would follow later.  All in attendance were in favor of this suggestion.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Nothing to report

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Nothing to report

Web Minister (Lord Brien MacAuley):

Lord Brien has taken over the role of Web Minister and asked everyone in attendance of the meeting to sign a photograph waver allowing their photo to be able to be posted on the website or other media.  If you have not signed one and would be willing to allow any photo of you taken at an event to be posted on the shire website please contact Lord Brien.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen):

Nothing to report.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler):

No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

The schedule of activities for March was set.  Please refer to the calendar for a listing of the monthly activities.

It was suggested and decided that the events calendar for 2018 would run as follows:


Winter Wassail – 
January 13

Spring Training – April 28

Saxton Summer – July (exact date not set at this time)

Fall Bransle – October 6 (Tentatively)

Events:

 Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

 

Winter Wassail – It was decided that the event will be pre-registration only.  A discussion of period food will be held at a later meeting.

December Revel – Decembers Revel is the 15th please come and rejoice in the company of your fellow shire folk.  Bring two dozen cookies if you would like to take part in the holiday cookie exchange.

New Business

The Kleftlands Regular Event will celebrate its 40th Anniversary.  Many past and present dignitaries have been invited.  Past and present royalty, Dukes and Duchesses and many more.  They have also sent out a challenge for individuals or groups from the kingdom present 40 items to be judged and presented to the reigning king and queen to be used as favors to accompany the presentation of scrolls.  Our shire has decided to accept the challenge and items will be made at future weekly meetings.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact THL Genevieve.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

NOVEMBER BUSINESS MEETING, November 7, 2017

November 7, 2017

Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (The Honorable Lady Genevieve de Saint-Malo):

THL Genevieve opened the meeting and took attendance.

It was announced that as of January of 2018 that  Lady Katherine Coscombe would be taking over as Seneschal.  Three cheers for Lady Katherine.

Hooba, Hooba, Hooba!!

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne):

The Exchequer reported that the treasury holds $1509.13. A $3 bank fee was debited from the account.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe):

Lady Katherine was not present but Herald at Large Lord Frøkn reported that nothing has been received in response to any submissions of name or device.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman):

We have had five new visitors of late, yeah! The second yearly report has been submitted.

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain):

Quarterly report submitted.  Classed being finalized for Fall Bransle.

Chronicler  Still searching for a new Chronicler…..

 

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Unfortunately we may not be able to have Archery at Fall Bransle, weather forecast does not look good.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Same report as Archery, may not have at Fall Bransle unless the weather gods smile upon us that day.

Web Minister (William Keith of Rivenvale):

Again misfortune shows it grim face upon our officers.  William officially resigned the post of Webminister.  Lord Brien agreed to take up the task and will be working with Lord Rickard to take over.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen):

Joyce announced that she has been approved as a youth minister and will be working as deputy.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler):

No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Lady Nuria will be taking over as Demo Coordinator and has been exploring different venues for future events.

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Our schedule was set for February of 2018. Please view the calendar on our website for all the details. Please note that if the subject matter set for a meeting is not something someone is specifically interested, all are allowed to bring personal projects to work on. Please also let us know if there is a subject you would like to see as a class or interest group, and we will try to accommodate it if possible.

Events:

 Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

Fall Bransle is in three days and things look good except for the outside events.

A lunchtime soup bar will be available for event attendees for a small donation.  Volunteers to donate soup will be appreciated.

Winter Wassail – It was decided that the event will be pre-registration only.  A discussion of period food will be held at a later meeting.

December Revel – A revel has been scheduled for December and will be held on a Friday evening at to make it more appealing to new comers.  An auction will be held to help with the costs of Winter Wassail as well as the cookie exchange.  Please have any submissions for the Auction ready as well as your two dozen cookies if you wish to participate in the exchange.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact THL Genevieve.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

OCTOBER BUSINESS MEETING, October 3, 2017

October 3, 2017

 Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (The Honorable Lady Genevieve de Saint-Malo):

THL Genevieve opened the meeting and took attendance. She had nothing else to report.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne):

The Exchequer reported that the treasury holds $1512.13. It was proposed that we investigate the possibility of using Pay Pal as a form of preregistration.  Lydia attended that class at Pennsic and is going to look into it further such as cost and any surcharge per transaction and how long to get it set up.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe):

Our Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain has recieved the Royal Augmentaion of Arms for her scribal work for the former King William and Queen Isolde.

Congratulation Lady Áine!

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman):

We have had one new person attend a weekly meeting or two, “Amanda”

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain):

Nothing new to report.

Chronicler (Friar Gillis MacLachlan):

Friar Gillis contacted THL Genevieve and with great sadness announced that due to a change in personal commitments he must resign the post of Chronicler.  A shire wide search is being held for someone that would like to assume the role.  If you are interested please contact Lady Genevieve.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Nothing to report

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Lord Rickard will be running Thrown Weapons at Fall Bransle and will be conducting a Royal Rounds Inter Kingdom Thrown Weapons Tournament.  Again, weather permitting.

Web Minister (William Keith of Rivenvale):

Due to Williams unavailability Lord Rickard will be taking over as Webminister until someone else is found.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen):

Not present.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler):

No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Our schedule was set for January of 2018. Please view the calendar on our website for all the details. Please note that if the subject matter set for a meeting is not something someone is specifically interested, all are allowed to bring personal projects to work on. Please also let us know if there is a subject you would like to see as a class or interest group, and we will try to accommodate it if possible.

Events:

 Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

Fall Bransle Event Steward Lord Frøkn announced that things are coming together nicely.  A list of classes to be offered is being compiled and the response from class leaders is very encouraging.

Set up will be Friday evening starting at 6 pm any help would be greatly appreciated as always.  Staff should plan to arrive on Saturday at 8 am as the doors open at 9 am.  Sunday staff should arrive at 11 am.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact THL Genevieve.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

AUGUST BUSINESS MEETING, August 15,2017

August 15, 2017

 Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (The Honorable Lady Genevieve de Saint-Malo):

THL Genevieve opened the meeting and attendance was taken. It was also reported that a new “Anti Bullying” report has been handed down from SCA Headquarters and anti bullying propaganda is to be posted at each event.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne):

The Exchequer reported that the treasury holds $1515.13.  We have paid for the repair of two used sewing machines for shire use and the deposit for Winter Wassal has been sent.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe):

Quarterly report has been submitted, no other news to report.

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman):

Not in attendance; nothing to report

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain):

Nothing new to report. A class on Illumination will be held next week.

Chronicler (Friar Gillis MacLachlan):

Nothing new to report.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Lord Frøkn attended a mandatory archery and thrown weapons meeting.  Topic of the meeting was the reiteration of rules for both ranges.  Anyone interested in combat archery should contact Lord Frøkn.

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

It was announced that Lady Beatrix Beeman has achieved the status of Thrown Weapons Martial.  She completed the course and requirements while attending Pennsic War this year.  Congratulation Lady Bea!

Web Minister (William Keith of Rivenvale):

William was not present. Rickard, deputy Web Minister had nothing new to report.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen):

Nothing to report.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler):

No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Our schedule was set for November. View the calendar on our website for all the details. Please note that if the subject matter set for a meeting is not something someone is specifically interested, all are allowed to bring personal projects to work on. Please also let us know if there is a subject you would like to see as a class or interest group, and we will try to accommodate it if possible.

Events:

 Saxon Summer  It was decided that Saxton Summer would be canceled and concentration be put on Fall Bransle.

Fall Bransle Event Steward Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig announced that there would be Archery and Thrown Weapons weather permitting, and Arts and Sciences competition, the Rummage Sale, Meade exchange and bonfire again weather permitting.

Lord Brien MacAuley agreed to prepare the feast and would be working on the menu and cost.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact THL Genevieve.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.