August Business Meeting

August 13, 2019

13 in attendance plus 2 visitors

Seneschal Introductions to new people
review of officer report schedule
Exchequer$1970.25 beginning balance
-$15.00 Non Member fees from SS
-$3.00 Bank Fee
$1952.2 Ending Balance
HeraldAttended class at Pennsic in restructuring of Heralds. Must
take a test to hold post.
Looking for a replacement due to changes in personal life.
Alaric can stay on though December but may not be at
meetings.
Alaric received AOA at Pennsic.
Sabina considering taking over as Herald
Chatelaine Demo in July at PSU . Several new faces at meeting
immediately after, though have not returned yet save one.
Two visitors today.
MOASReport due Sept 1. Asking for Pennsic review. Asking for
photos of projects worked or working on. Bring next
week. Either the item to have a picture taken or picture to
be sent with report.
WebministerAttended class at Pennsic Re: Social Media Officer
Make sure events are posted from page. Group is for
conversation. Also looking for replacement.
Archery/TWNothing to Report
TW targets need to be replaced. looking at cotton wood
rounds (2)
No more archery at target range. Open range on Sat until
3.
Knights
Marshall
Two new fighters
Scheduling practices every Tuesday weather permitting.
Demo
Coordinator
Successful demo at YSU

Archery is being added to the schedule for August 27.

Fight practice has been added to the schedule for September 23.

Dietrich will be prepared to hold fight practice every Tuesday weather permitting and participants show up.

Scheduling for October

October 01Business Meeting
and Pot Luck Dinner
October 08Leather – Belt and/or Mug Strap
October 15Netting
October 22Fall Bransle Prep
October 29Bonfire / Cook out

Plans for a project day to make/repair the shires fighting armor is in the works. Stay tuned for future updates on that.

Winter Wassale has bee slated for January 18, 2020. Checking with kingdom and venue to confirm date availability. Lady Beatrice will be event steward.

Meeting adjourned.

July Business Meeting

July 02, 2019

11 Members in attendance, no visitors

SeneschalReview of officer reporting schedule
Exchequer No monthly report. Saxon Summer submitted
Heraldreport submitted
ChatelaineNew visitor last week
Igor Baerenshlager- interested in becoming rapier
marshall
MAOSin transition from Aine to Richildis. Video training class
required,available on line.
Show and tell during business meeting each month of
current individual projects.
Fall Bransle A&S display – Populace vote
WebministerReport submitted for SMO. Required SMO class offered
at Pennsic. Facebook curia Ad Beta testing, contacting
KSMO to register. Need zip codes we cover.
Approaching 2 year looking for replacement
TW/ArcherySaxon Summer range successful no issues
Combat
Marshall
No fighters attended Saxon Summer. No practice next
week due to conflicts.
Demo CoordSummer Fest of Arts YSO July 13/14

Weekly Meeting Schedule

Sept 3. – Monthly Business Meeting and Pot Luck Dinner – Current project show and tell (Will be doing this monthly along with business meeting.)

Sept 10 – Thrown Weapons – Kumihimo (string braiding)

Sept 17 – Meade Make and Take (supplies needed will be posted later)

Sept 24 – Fighting/Dancing – Fall Bransle Prep

Events

Fall Bransle

Event Steward – Richildis

Feast Steward – Sabina

Roman Theme – Costume contest, Roman theme classes

Waiting to hear back from church for date confirmation.

Saxon Summer

Event site was successful. Lost money (expected) $215

Picking a different weekend for next year. 1st weekend in June

Reports signed to be submitted, waivers and NMR submitted.

Summer Festival of the Arts

July 13/14

chairs needed, Water cooler & stand (Rickard) printed schedule and tri-folds (Katherine) anti-harassment, pinions/flags herald, wireless speakers (Evie/Luca)

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

June Business Meeting

June 11, 2019

SenechalReview of Reports Due
ChroniclerReview of last months minutes
HeraldNothing to report
ChatelaineNew form of recruiting. Online through society
Pop-up add doing SCA activities (Facebook)
Chatelaine and SMO to be liaisons.
Exchecquer1626.25 +50.00 from Frokn, 3.00 fee ending 1673.25
MOASAbsent – Pushing for self reporting using new website
Not sure what is or is not re-portable.
Currently available on midrealm.org
webministerabsent
TW/ArcheryLetice is now a Marshal. TW practice last week
Archery next week at On Target
Combat MarshalLooking for help at Demo and Event
Demo CoordBooth secured for Festival of Arts at YSU.
Dancing and Fighting space available.

Event

Saxton Summer

Campfire Cooking competition has not been confirmed

Kub and Bocci planned

Nagasani will be running bardic.

Lunch served from gate tent

Evie printing gate forms

Large cooler being supplied by Letice

Privy cost higher than expected $150 moving camp/tent area closer to main entrance not renting privy.

$20.00 from Alaric for dinner food.

Demo at YSU

July 13/14

Set up Saturday at 9 by Kat and Letice

volunteers for shifts are: Kat, Deitrich, Letice, Richildis, Sabina, Rickard, Luca, Evie.

Fall Bransle

Reaching out to church for date – Either October 5 or 26.

Event Steward – Richildis

Feast Steward – Sabina

New Business

Voted and approved for Officer Change

Richildis assuming station of MOAS – paperwork being started.

May Business Meeting

May 07, 2019

SeneschalReview Reporting Schedule
Exchequer2129.25 beginning, $500 Site Fee, $3.00 bank fee
ending balance 1626.25
Heraldnothing to report. Luca’s name and device approved
Chatelainenew person 2 weeks ago. Trudy mother of Christina
MOASNothing to report – looking for deputy or replacement
potentially Bea or sabina
WebministerSetting up e-mail for Marshal (Deitrich)
Archery/TWArchery practice happening once a month at On Target
range has very hard targets, arrows won’t stick to keep
score for kingdom scores
FightingDietrick is officially a midrealm marshal. Practice last
week. 2 participants
Demo Coord.Vacant – Katherine reporting. summer festival of the arts
in July YSU. 2 days 140 for the weekend, they set tent and
table. Put to vote – all approved.

New Business

Brainstorming session on June 11 to discuss how to promote membership, demos, parades. Also to discuss the issue of event site issues.

$50.00 from Frokn for 50% purchase of shire equipment received 5/7.

It was motioned, voted and approved that the shire would keep one of the carts previously decided on to sell. It will be repaired and Deitrich has space to store it.

Letice will do a small write up to be published in the Review.

Events

Saxton Summer Gate – Lydia, Kat, Letice

Katherine – class coodinator

Frokn – Thrown Weapons/ Archery

Dietrich – Fighting

Settled on June 21-23, 2019 at Chestnut Ridge using the back field. Katherine taling with Stormport and Hunters Home. There will be a flat fee of $5.00. Stop at main gate for parking pass. We can collect our admission fees. One pavilion reserved with electric. Primitive camping available. One field of TW/Archery. Class are tent needed. It is a wet site(alcohol allowed) as long as we are discreet. Will update FB and website this week. Campfire cooking competition possible, grab and go lunch tavern (chips, pickles, eggs, bars, etc.)

2 hour blocks will be scheduled for Thrown Weapons and Archery.

Bardic circle in the evening.

Pop-ups volunteered by

Richildis – 1, Genevieve – 2, Deitrich – 1 plus a 10×20

Folding Tables

Deitrich – 2, Genevieve – 1.

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

April Business Meeting

Business Meeting April 2019

Attendance taken by Genevieve. 9 members present. No visitors present.

Officer Reports.

SeneschalAbsent
Exchequer$2132.25 in account; $3 Bank Fee
$125 deposit from Winter Wassial
HeraldQuarterly report filed.
Finding new system difficult to use.
ChatelaineNothing to Report
Minister of Arts
and Sciences
Absent
ChroniclerVacant
WebministerAbsent
Youth MinisterVacant
Archery/
Thrown Weapons
Four archers attended the first Wed night practice
at On Target.There were a lot of other people wanting
to shoot. Decided to reschedule archery to the 3rd
Wed. of the month. Also looking into outdoor range
at Mosquito Lake Park.
Knights MarshalAbsent – Frier Gillis has been attending rapier
practice in AEthelmearc and wants to start practice
here. Lydia, Alaric, Frokn, Bea and Evie were
interested.
Demo CoordinatorYSU Summer Festival of the Arts; July 13-14
We can pay a fee to have a tent with other
organizations. We are allowed to have a fighters
demo on site.

Weekly Activities Schedule.

May 14 (Tuesday) meeting is cancelled in favor of Wednesday archery practice

June 04 – Business meeting & potluck
                                11 – Leather: water forming bottle & Saxon Summer prep
                                18 – No Tuesday meeting, Wednesday archery practice
                                25 – Dance practice & fight practice

Events.

Saxon Summer – Contact has been made with Chestnut Ridge Park in Hubbard. We are visiting the site on Saturday for a tour at 3:30. We are hoping to use the back field for the entirety of our activities. No feast planned.

Old Business.

                Positions needing to be filled: Demo coordinator, Chronicler

Looking for replacements: Minister of Arts & Sciences, Chatelaine

                Looking for Deputies: Exchequer

New Business.

                Rickard has been named as Quarter Master to keep track of the property owned by the Shire.

March Business Meeting

Business Meeting March 2019

Attendance taken by Genevieve. 9 members present. No visitors present.

Officer Reports.

Seneschal: Discussed officer turn-over preparations
Exchequer: $2010.25 in account; $3 bank fee
2017 documents ready for file box,
paperwork reorganized
Domesday report filed
Herald: Nothing to report
Chatelaine: Absent, quarterly report filed
Minister of Arts + Sciences: Quarterly report filed
Chronicler: Vacant
Webminister: Absent, quarterly report filed
Youth Minister: Vacant
Archery/ Thrown Weapons: Finally added to the new website for
filing reports
Knights Marshal: No practice due to weather
Demo Coordinator: Vacant

Weekly Activities Schedule.

May 07 – Business meeting & potluck
                14 – Leather: water forming bottle
                21 – Garb sewing & dance practice
                28 – Silent heraldry

Need to decide on largesse project for March 26

Events.

                Winter Wassail – all reports filed

                Spring Training – no site, no event

                Saxon Summer – No site as of now (archery range not available)
              Possible locations include Beaver Creek, Chestnut Ridge, Trumbull Co. Fairgrounds, Mosquito Lake Park

Old Business.

                Positions needing to be filled: Demo coordinator, Chronicler

Looking for replacements: Minister of Arts & Sciences, Chatelaine

                Looking for Deputies: Exchequer

New Business.

                Archery practice on Saturday isn’t working out. The range has to stay open late for us to use it and attendance is too low to make it worth their time. Wednesday from 6 to 8 pm is open range time. We are going to change one meeting per week from Tuesday to Wednesday at the range. First practice will be March 27.

February ’19 Business Meeting

Attendance taken by Genevieve, 9 members and no visitors present.

Seneschal:Reviewed report due dates
Exchequer:Domesday in progress: no regional officer
Herald:Nothing to report
Chatelaine:Nothing to report
Minister of Arts/Sciences:Absent
Chronicler:Vacant
Webminister:Website back up and running,
cleaned up site and removed old
content. Social Media becoming a
very large task.
Youth Minister:Absent
Archery/Thrown Weapons:Absent
Knights Marshal:Attending practices with group
in PA.
Demo CoordinatorNothing to report

Weekly Activities Schedule

Rescheduled pinwheel pouch and acid etched medallion

April 09 – Leather – Archery accessories

April 16 – Block Printing

April 23 – Pinwheel Pouch

April 30 – Armored fight practice / dance practice

Events

Winter Wassail – Recommend moving to large building for 2020, received $125 in donations and auction collection: scheduled appointment to see inside of other building and discuss parking.

Spring Training – Church is not available for any weekends in April. We have no alternative at this time so there will not be an event. Looking at new sites again for next year.

Old Business

Positions needed to be filled: Demo Coordinator, Chronicler

Looking for replacements: Minister of Arts and Sciences, Chatelaine

Looking for Deputies: Exchequer

Rickard volunteered to be Quarter Master, keep track of all Shire goods in a Goolge Doc.

New Business

No new business discussed

Meeting adjourned

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

January ’19 Business Meeting

Attendance taken by Genevieve, 7 members and no guests present.

Officer Reports

Seneschal:Reviewed report due dates
Exchequer:Prepping for Domesdays report
Herald:Absent: Alaric’s heraldry has been approved.
Chatelaine:Need to give surveys to new
attendees.
Minister of Arts and Sciences:Absent
Chronicler:Vacant
Webminister:Absent – In compliance with new
Social Media requirements.
Youth Minister:Absent
Archery/Thrown Weapons :Absent
Knights Marshal:Filing paperwork
Demo CoordinatorNothing to report

Weekly Activities Schedule

March 05 – Business Meeting and Potluck (Pancake dinner at Church)

March 12 – Dance Practice / open projects / Acid Etched medallions conclusion

March 19 – Pysanky Eggs

March 26 – Largess Project – TBD

Events

Fall Bransle – All reports filed

Winter Wassail – Reviewed who has the table cloths, tickets, signs. Discussed who was bring what food items.

Spring Training – Haven’t heard about Argus Park from Robert, e-mailing church for April 6. If we do not have a date/location mailed down by February business meeting we will cancel the event.

New Business

No new business.

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

December Business Meeting

December 2018 Business Meeting Notes

Attendance taken by Genevieve. 11 members present. No visitors present. Average for the year 12.75

Officer Reports.

Seneschal: Nothing to report
Exchequer: $1853.05; bank fee $3,
Herald: Nothing to report; Katherine is no longer Herald at Large
Chatelaine: Several new transplants
Minister of Arts + Sciences: Nothing to report
Chronicler: Vacant
Webminister: Website is having issues, lost the theme; minutes from 13-16 have been archived
Youth Minister: Absent
Archery/ Thrown Weapons: Contacting indoor range for winter archery practice
Knights Marshal: Report filed, MIT paperwork filed, warranted marshal
Demo Coordinator: Woodland Cellars in Hubbard for future events

Weekly Activities Schedule.
                February 05 – Business & Potluck
                                12 – Embroidery: cup covers
                                19 – Mead make ‘n take
                                26 – Leather: waxed bottle ($5)

Shire Tabbards Project Night, Dec 11 meeting
            Fabric purchase required: 10 yd green, 8 yd blue, white ribbon
            Belts made with rope machine
            Making 4 large

Events

                Fall Bransle

                 $400 collected at gate, $132 rummage sale, $23 food donations
                $35 check sent in for NMS
                $296.31 check to Luca for feast with receipts
                Waivers sent into deputy
                Report filed by exchequer

New Business

  Two year term limits for shire officers with the option to add 6 mo.
Motion brought by Rickard, second by Bea, passed by populace

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

November Business Meeting

November 2018 Business Meeting Notes

Attendance taken by Genevieve. 14 members present. No visitors present.

Officer Reports.

Seneschal: Absent, meeting conducted by Genevieve
Exchequer: In account $1991.05; Bank fee $3.00
Herald: Nothing to report
Chatelaine: Report submitted; no new members, several transplants
Minister of Arts + Sciences: Nothing to report
Chronicler: Vacant
Webminister: Absent
Youth Minister: Absent
Archery/ Thrown Weapons Lieutenant: Nothing to report
Knights Marshal: Nothing to report
Demo Coordinator: Absent

Weekly Activities Schedule.
                January 01 – No meeting
                                08 – Business & Potluck
                                15 – Pt Acid etched medallions
                                22 – Sewing: pinwheel pouch
                                29 – Equipment inspection + needle felting

Events

Fall Bransle

Site tokens made by Richildis
Feast seats for 30

Winter Wassail

January 12 from 5:30 to 10:30
Beard Cabin @Boardman Park – confirmed
Still waiting for placement on MK calender
Preview ad in the Pale

Spring Training

March 30 or April 6
Christ Episcopal Church, not confirmed yet.
Feast steward, Sabina

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact Seneschal Lady Katherine.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.