OCTOBER BUSINESS MEETING, October 3, 2017

October 3, 2017

 Officer’s Reports:

Seneschal (The Honorable Lady Genevieve de Saint-Malo):

THL Genevieve opened the meeting and took attendance. She had nothing else to report.

Exchequer (Lady Lydia Wynne):

The Exchequer reported that the treasury holds $1512.13. It was proposed that we investigate the possibility of using Pay Pal as a form of preregistration.  Lydia attended that class at Pennsic and is going to look into it further such as cost and any surcharge per transaction and how long to get it set up.

Herald (Lady Katherine Coscombe):

Our Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain has recieved the Royal Augmentaion of Arms for her scribal work for the former King William and Queen Isolde.

Congratulation Lady Áine!

Chatelain (Lady Beatrix Beeman):

We have had one new person attend a weekly meeting or two, “Amanda”

Mistress of Arts & Sciences (Lady Áine ingen Uí Briain):

Nothing new to report.

Chronicler (Friar Gillis MacLachlan):

Friar Gillis contacted THL Genevieve and with great sadness announced that due to a change in personal commitments he must resign the post of Chronicler.  A shire wide search is being held for someone that would like to assume the role.  If you are interested please contact Lady Genevieve.

Archery Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Nothing to report

Thrown Weapons Lieutenant (Lord Frøkn mac Cainnaig):

Lord Rickard will be running Thrown Weapons at Fall Bransle and will be conducting a Royal Rounds Inter Kingdom Thrown Weapons Tournament.  Again, weather permitting.

Web Minister (William Keith of Rivenvale):

Due to Williams unavailability Lord Rickard will be taking over as Webminister until someone else is found.

Youth Minister (Lady Nuria Enid Imogen):

Not present.

Dance Mistress: (Lady Lettice Spindler):

No new report.

Demo Coordinator (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report

Acting Knight’s Marshall (The Honorable Lord Rickard de Als):

Nothing to report.

Meeting News:

Our schedule was set for January of 2018. Please view the calendar on our website for all the details. Please note that if the subject matter set for a meeting is not something someone is specifically interested, all are allowed to bring personal projects to work on. Please also let us know if there is a subject you would like to see as a class or interest group, and we will try to accommodate it if possible.

Events:

 Project Days – If you have any suggestions or projects for the good of the Shire please let Lady Genevieve or Lord Rickard know.

Fall Bransle Event Steward Lord Frøkn announced that things are coming together nicely.  A list of classes to be offered is being compiled and the response from class leaders is very encouraging.

Set up will be Friday evening starting at 6 pm any help would be greatly appreciated as always.  Staff should plan to arrive on Saturday at 8 am as the doors open at 9 am.  Sunday staff should arrive at 11 am.

In Closing:

If there are any corrections and/or additions that need to be recorded in the official Shire minutes, please contact THL Genevieve.  Note that these minutes will be published on our shire website.

About the author: Genevieve de Saint-Malo